The praying mantis is going Octane! In the fifth part of this tutorial series Frederik Steinmetz explains how to mix materials in Octane using nodes and maps. If you have not seen the other parts, we recommend that you watch the scene setup and if you are fairly new to Octane, please watch the Octane Pitfalls tutorial as well.
- 00:00 - 01:10 Overview of the scene
- 01:10 - 04:20 Lighting setup
- 04:20 - 08:40 General texture and material settings in Octane
- 08:40 - 16:10 Creating complex materials with mix nodes and maps
- 16:10 - 18:40 Finishing touches and post processing
- 18:40 - 21:10 The live material database