Frederik Steinmetz is back with a comparison of Cycles, Luxrender and Blender Internal. For that series he will use a praying mantis as an example. This first installment gives you an overview of the model and tips on modeling and rigging insects in Blender.
- 00:00 - 01:50 Intro
- 01:50 - 06:50 Modeling tips - low poly, vs. high poly
- 06:50 - 08:20 Work saving techniques
- 08:20 - 11:35 Problems with non-quadratic quads
- 11:35 - 12:05 Putting the pieces together
- 12:05 - 26:25 Rigging tipps for arthropods