Cool looking light streaks are not exclusive to commercial products like AE. In fact, you can create those in Blender as well. With full control over speed and timing thanks to the motion trail addon.
This tutorial shows you how to create light streaks in Blender and how to use the motion trail addon by Crouch for animation. Learn how to use a texture to control particle properties over their lifetime and receive some troubleshooting tips.
- 00:00 - 02:40 Intro and Overview
- 02:40 - 11:10 Setup the Particle System
- 11:10 - 16:20 Motion Trail Addon Basics
- 16:20 - 21:04 Motion Trail Advanced Features
- 21:04 - 24:10 Troubleshooting Part I
- 24:10 - 27:35 Troubleshooting Part II
Download both Blendfile and Preview Video in high quality here!
(Blendfile includes title composite)