Hurray, the long-awaited update for The Cycles Encyclopedia is finally out. As promised it is free for every user who has already purchased the book. All updates refer to the official Blender 2.79b release. Here is what we added:
- Chapter on the new Principled Shader.
- Chapter on shader based mesh displacement and adaptive resolution.
- Chapter on hair primitives.
- Detailed explanation and demo renderings for the new and awesome denoiser.
- GGX Multiscatter and Microfacets explained and compared.
- Updated UI Images where necessary.
- The new texturing options for lamps.
- Shadow Catcher
- Many, many images, most of them pretty.